Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This and That

Wow, it's been over a week since I posted anything!
Let's see...It is summertime and the kids need constant direction or arguing ensues! I haven't been as organized with them as I would have liked but it is going ok...we had planned on swimming but the weather is rainy. The rain is good and the temps are down so I'm not complaining! Maybe we'll head to the 50 cent movies this afternoon to see Nim's Island.
This weekend I had another garage sale at Dana's house with Stephanie...traffic was very slow! We had planned on just a Fri sale but held over Sat morn too. Unfortunately there was too much going on this weekend and we didn't fair so well...I didn't even break the $100 mark. But, hey that is money I didn't have before! And now the junk is gone! We could actually park the car in the garage...what a novel idea that is!!
Last week was pretty busy, as I received a phone call that could potentially change our lives...and I spent lots of time making phone calls getting good sound wisdom. I'll explain once all is resolved and settled over the matter. The kids, of course, took advantage of my phone talking to watch tv!!
On Sunday we made an unannounced, secret visit to Crossroads! The kids didn't know until we made a turn toward the church. They were so excited about being there. We had lunch with the Walter's which is always such a treat...we miss our Crossroads family! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of them and that has been wonderful!!
Yesterday, I thought I would buy a pool for the kids with my garage sale proceeds...I found one at Walmart-the price was good until I realized it was in the wrong place the actual price was $100 more-bummer! We went out later with Calixto to see if it is worth spending the money...we left empty handed and will think about it a little more! The kids were disappointed but, they handled it ok-no grumpiness anyway! I would love to get it...I think if we don't the kids are going to work with their dad at least 4 days a week!!!
My sister got married on Thur afternoon...weird time I know but, they just went before a judge and then took pictures at an old historic farmhouse. I have only spoken with my sister once since the fall when she told me about the man she was dating. I expressed my concern about the relationship and so she didn't call again! I called her Thur morning and we had a pretty heated discussion but then she finally dropped her defenses and I prayed for her on the phone, by the end she was teary. I really pray that this marriage works...he is a brand new Christian and they have 8 kids between them...lots of potential for problems! It is funny how very different we are-hard to believe we are even related?! Although, as we have gotten older people think we look more alike...I'm still not sure about that though.
My parents move from NJ to Oklahoma next week! wow! They will only be 4 hours away...that means summer vacation at the g'parents for the kids!!
Ok, I've got to get my sleepy headed son up from bed...I don't let him sleep later than 8:30 and it is already past that!!

No comments: