Saturday, June 28, 2008

Is that a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Ok, I know I said I was off but, I had to pass this along...
This week several people I know were all abuzz about the book "The Shack". I was tempted to buy it b/c I like christian fiction and so many people absolutely loved this book and said it was life-changing...who doesn't want to read a life-changing christian book?! It is interesting that this morning I came across this video clip on a friend's blog.
We like and respect Mark Driscoll...he is a conservative theological pastor in the North West.
Now, I haven't read the book and so I cannot offer my opinion of it but I was reminded that we as Christians need to be wise in what we read and be aware of people and things that are "wolves in sheep's clothing". The truth can be so easily distorted. Here is an excerpt from a sermon talking about the book.



Here is the full article in USA Today

No comments: