Monday, June 02, 2008

Garage sale results

The garage sale went well on Saturday...I made $285 (I counted wrong the 1st time?!) and someone is buying the oak desk for $40...making my total $325! Not too bad for my first time. The great thing is we are rid of some junk-now that feels wonderful! We sold all of the big stuff except a cedar chest and the jogging stroller...both very nice so I was surprised when they didn't sell.
Dana (thank you!) came and helped as well as my friend/neighbor Julie and a friend of hers, oh yeah, another friend brought a few items too. So, everyone made some money! It was very hot and tiring but, all in all the day was good! The kids had a blast playing in the yard with friends the entire day!
Stephanie and I are going to do it again this Friday. The nice thing is all I have to do is pull out the boxes and I'm set. I will go through the house and pick things that I hadn't found before...it is so very freeing to get rid of unused junk that other people can enjoy as treasures!
Now...what to do with the proceeds...hmmm?! My next project is...to paint the bathroom.

6 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i was going to ask if you were going to do another day :)

uncle lew said...

Well you are going to work so why not put that on you clothes you will need to GO TO WORK
OR I could just charge you $325 for baby sitting the kids while you are gone in June (HEY!! that sounds good to me)
I'm sure you can think of something just don't replace everything you got rid of HAHA

Brenda Arce said...

I'm thinking about a pool for the kids...or a comforter set for us...or a mattress set...or clothes for all of us...that money isn't going to go as far as I would like!!!!

Kelly said...

Glad to hear it went well. I'm doing my first one two weeks from Thursday. Did you have everything in boxes or did you have tables and hanging racks?

Pauline said...

oh, I wish i lived near to you. would love to have bought the stroller! Maybe you'll get rid of it this time around.

Life with the Akin Clan said...

It was great to finally put a face to a name today! I hope that I get the chance to visit with you again. I will be praying for you as you begin your teaching at CHS next year.