Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A quick over night visit

My parents, a friend of theirs, a niece and nephew arrived last night around 7:30pm to spend the night before heading to Oklahoma this morning. (they left NJ of Monday morning) The kids could not wait for them to arrive and were so excited when they heard the moving van pull onto our street! Here is Cat with my brother's youngest daughter-Cheyenne. They are 2 years apart but, their b'days are only 3 days apart...they were like 2 long lost friends...it was fun to watch them play together.
The plan was that they would sleep together with Mom-mom in Christopher's bed...but, they could not calm down and stop playing long enough to go to sleep... so I ended up taking Cat into our room to sleep on the floor...she was asleep within seconds of laying down!!
Here is Wade-my brother's youngest son-he is about a year and a half older than Christopher. Their looks are so opposite! Their need of orthodontic work sure is the same though!!
The boys slept on the living room floor and didn't play around too much...we didn't go to bed until almost 11 so everyone was quite tired! This morning they weren't ready to say goodbye to each other just yet so, Christopher begged to go to Oklahoma with them...Daddy finally gave the ok and we quickly threw clothes into a bag and off he went! He'll end up being there through the end of the month! My non-adventurous son is on a 2 week adventure!
My sister-in-law and my nephew Cody will be here on Saturday for a quick visit before heading to Oklahoma. At that time she'll take Cat up to my parents since I have a conference to go to in Austin next week. That will give her some more time to be with Cheyenne. I love to see them connect with their cousins...we don't get to see them very often and I really want them to have those relationships throughout life.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pauline said...

oh how big Ronni's kids have gotten!!! I just can't get over how much Wade has changed.

I feel the same way, watching the cousins play together. Can't wait for our camping trip next weekend for that reason. We rarely get to see Phil's kids and it will be fun to re-connect.

Didn't realize Aunt Jean and Uncle lew were bringing them along. What a fun adventure for them all.

Brenda Arce said...

I couldn't believe how big they have both gotten.
Wade has started to fill out...Christopher said he got shorter and less skinny!
I also think Cheyenne looks just like Roni...Elizabeth looked more like me when she was that young. Bruce always said she looked like one sister and acted like the other!