Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Please, I want to come home"

The phone rang after 10:30 last night...it was Christopher...wanting to come home! He was crying and begging us to come pick him up...poor guy! I felt so badly for him-of course I wanted to jump in the car and go rescue him right then! But, I didn't-nor will I...I'm sure this morning he will have a new perspective and will be fine, I hope! Since he has a while yet to stay there! I thought he was a little too quick to say he wanted to go, I asked him about missing VBS and his good friend-Brady's b'day party and he told me it was ok he wanted to go anyway.
I can't fault him too much b/c he is just like ME! I remember hating to sleep over friend's houses and rarely did it. One time I slept over my g'parents house and sat in the bathtub and cried and cried...I heard a knock at the door and my Dad's voice...He came-rescued me and took me home! Christopher is so grown up at times but, this shows he is still a little boy...my little boy!

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

awh. poor guy. it'll be good for him :/

Pauline said...

oh ouch,poor guy...