Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm back...and I'm off again...

Wow!! My brain is on overload!! I just returned from The Association of Classical & Christian Schools annual conference in Austin. Two very full days of plenary sessions and workshops. There was so much "good stuff" that I now need to process through...and of course, implement in my home as well as my classroom in the fall. I gained a better understanding of what "classical christian" means and it certainly resonates with my heart.
Beside gaining information the trip was also a great bonding time with the other teachers of CHS. I was a bit timid about going since my friend/roommate was unable to go at the last minute. I knew everyone that went with the exception of 2 new teachers so there was no reason to be timid! I knew this somewhat before but now I am even more impressed with the fact that we have very intelligent, passionate, godly teachers and I'm honored to be part of that group. We had tons of laughs as we talked and talked...and ate and ate!! The "Cheesecake Factory" was within walking distance of the hotel, as were several other great restaurants.
I could write a bunch more and maybe will next week...right now I need to get ready to go to Granbury/Glen Rose. We are leaving this afternoon and will be back on Monday sometime. We are going to say goodbye to friends who are leaving to plant a church in Phoenix. We will miss the Thomas family. Although we only see them periodically, our hearts are united through Christ and we consider them dear friends. We will spend a few nights at the condo with my parents and children...oh how I miss my children! Tears are pricking my eyes as I write that!! I can't wait to see them...this time away (although short) has been just what I have needed...to gain clarity and see how I have just gotten into an undisciplined rut!! My husband and children have been negatively affected by it too!! Ok, I'm off...

No comments: