Thursday, June 12, 2008

God is Able!

Do you ever just grieve over the state of other people's circumstances? I get so overwhelmed at times as I pray for or even think about people who seem to be in long-enduring hardships. I get very defeated which in turn keeps me from actually praying for them...then I find it easy to forget God's power, his sovereignty (that spelling looks wrong!) and his compassion. I lose hope so quickly! Lately, I've been in this defeated state over things in my life as well as other's lives. Today though I received some incredible news!!! God actually did change the heart of a man and turned a very difficult situation around for a dear family. I knew it "could" happen but, it has gone on for so long that it became easy to think he "wouldn't" change it.
I really needed that bit of encouragement...the family involved needed it a million times more...but, I so appreciate that God showed me that He is able-that He will do what he has promised and his word is Truth! I am so thankful that God is at work in all our lives-as believers-and he will continue that work until the day of Christ Jesus!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for posting this. I too have gotten that way at different times. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who gets discouraged praying for others what seems like forever. Your good news was also encouraging to me too. I believe God "can" too. The question for me is I wonder when He will intervine. Thanks again for sharing...