Saturday, June 21, 2008

No Air Conditioning?

When I woke up this morning the thermostat read 80 degrees. I turned the unit off and called Alco Air and Calixto. They charge an overtime rate of $125 and then the cost of fixing the problem. While I waited for him to arrive I took the filters out...yes we have 2 filters...that information was news to me...and to the AC man that serviced the unit last summer...b/c he didn't change it...needless to say the filter was "full". After a few minutes the house started to cool down...yay! I called the very nice AC man back and asked him to come next week to service the unit instead of coming today. Hopefully, the air will continue to work throughout the weekend. My sister-in-law, nephew and a friend should be here tonight sometime and I'm sure they don't want to be in Texas weather w/o AC.

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

that might have been contributing to your sinus junk too.

Brenda Arce said...

I thought about that too! I just put the new filters in and the air feels great...I would have felt pretty stupid if the ac man came and only had to change the filter for an overtime fee of $125! Praise the Lord he gave me the insight to investigate the problem!

Connie said...

We used an AC guy that who we really liked--and he wasn't that expensive. His name is Eric Aiken, and I think its ERA (his initials....) airconditioning. He's a young christian Dad.

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Hey, that ERA guy is pretty good! ;-) I heard his wife is cute too!

In case you don't get that, Eric is my husband!