Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Life...

Let's see what has happened in our lives since Friday morning when the storms came through?
On Friday afternoon my neighbor and friend came over and we just chatted for a while. Her daughter is the one who the swing fell on. Later, Dana and Stephanie came over to pick more berries...I think we have a never ending supply! I picked 8 more cups on Sunday evening! I'm going to make a cream cheese pie with blackberry (dew-berry) sauce on top. And I'm going to make some muffins...if I can find the web-site for the recipe I stumbled upon yesterday.
Saturday Christopher had his last soccer game at 9am. This game determined who would win 2nd place. We always come down to this last game with this other team...WE WON!! Yay Tigers! Christopher made the first goal and it was beautiful! I think it was a corner kick, he was right in front of the goal-with a good friend right by his side defending him...the ball came to him and he headed it right past the goalie!!! I wish I had a video of it-it really was incredible! We won 2nd place although we were even in points with the 1st place team...but, since we lost to them (such a pitiful game that was!) they awarded them 1st place instead of playing a tie breaker game! At the end the boys were all happy with 2nd place and they had a blast at the party that evening!
Cat played at noon and scored 3 goals! She is very coordinated and can control the ball very well. In the fall she will move up to a new age bracket while 1/2 her team will stay back due to their age. She had so much fun playing this season! She also had her party at a park and declared it to be a wonderful day at the end of it!
Saturday sure was busy for us but it went quite smoothly...maybe b/c Christopher went over a friend's house after his game! The friend was on the opposing team...it is so good to see that they can be so very competitive on the field and then leave that behind and hang out together right afterward!
On sunday we went to Mobberly again and then met with our life group afterward. It is so nice to be in that group, we've really enjoyed the other 2 couples-the fellowship and studying God's word together has been great! We still don't know whether this will be our home...I'm the hold-out...it is just such a big church-the biggest in town! The new worship leader starts this Sunday and I can't wait for him to start! We like more contemporary worship where we can actively worship and not just sit and listen to others sing. So, we'll see...we can't even think about visiting another church...it just gets tiresome and lonely going from one church to another.
After Life group Christopher had soccer practice...I know the season is over! But, we are trying to figure out where he can play next. Once you get to the U-12 league players are eligible to play club ball...that means all or most of the good players leave the recreation league. There are several options that we are considering...in the meantime, we will play in tournaments as they come up. He'll be playing in one in Tyler in a few weeks. One great thing is we have the head coach for boys soccer from LeTourneau leading the practices...I'm so excited about that!
While he was practicing I took Chessie for a walk around campus and then let her swim in the pond. There are several ducks in the pond, she has always swam after them but has never been able to get them...until Sunday! She surprised one in the reeds and got it!! I ran over and made her drop it...she jumped back in the water and kept diving under to find that duck. She spent the next 40 minutes in the water swimming after those ducks! She was determined to get one!! I could not believe how long she swam!! I thought she was going to drown! As she was swimming she was whining...but she was not going to give up. After the boys were finished practicing a few came over and helped catch her as she jumped out of the pond! She could barely get up into the car she was so tired!!
So, I missed a baby shower I was supposed to go to, b/c of all that! As I drove home there were at least 5 police cars at a house (a mansion) on Green street just a block away...apparantly someone came into the house and started stealing from them...and they were home! They ran out with the TV and dropped it in the driveway! How scary! I don't think they found the theives!
On Mondays I tutor back to back students...I had to send my first student home for his disrespect and disobedience! I felt bad for him, knowing his parents weren't going to be happy at all but, I had to do it. His behavior was very uncharacteristic of him...hopefully, tomorrow will go better.
Christopher's behavior has also been uncharacteristic of him! I don't know what is going on with him! Last night it all came to a head and he was disciplined pretty severly! This morning he was in such a good mood...I'm praying that this was a turning point and the rest of the semester (2 weeks) goes well. I think that Calixto's long work hours are taking a toll on him!
ok, sorry for the long post...I think I'll stop here...I could continue...but I'll save it for later!!

No comments: