Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Monthly siren tests

Around noon I was at Lowe's in the outside garden area when the fire and tornado sirens went off. After a glance at the sky I remembered it was noon on the 1st Wed of the month...it was just a test. As I waited in line at the register the couple behind me and the woman in front of me bagan getting a little worried at the sirens-they went off for a while. I-speaking to the woman in front of me and the employee-said "it is the 1st Wed of May, it is just a test" The employee responded by saying Lowes would close the gate if it were an actual tornado warning-which they had not done. The couple behind me, were getting increasingly alarmed and made calls on their cells...then I hear the man say, in a voice loud enough for me to hear..."Honey, that ain't no test"...ok, that really bothered me!!! First b/c he called me "honey" and secondly, that he was rude about it! I know it is silly for me to get irked by it!!
Ok...I'm going to put my tomato cages around my growing plants

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You're so cute! I got a good laugh out of it! Thanks!

The Peacock Pearl said...

silly people. i put some tomato cages up today too :)