Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life...

Thank the Lord, the rain has stopped! Lots of flooded places around Longview! Cat and I had to get out in the worst of it this morning for her vision therapy appointment, then we had to take Christopher lunch...since we had nothing for him to take this morning! I did go to Wal-mart after the lunch run!
Our roof leaked in the expected places, my gardens are ok just soggy except for the carrots-they are still under water, I don't think they will survive this time.
We received back the estimate from the roofer that examined our roof for hail damage...indeed we have quite significant damage. His estimate is a whopping $10,000!!!!!!!!!!! Our deductible is $2000...that means no new roof for us! I suspected the garage roof is covered in asbestos tiles and it is...which means some enviromental people have to come, remove them and dispose of them in a special way...which translates to..."no new roof on the garage"
Cat's therapy is going well, tomorrow a friend will bring over the balance beam and balance board that he made for us. She needs to work on those everyday at home. I was chided a bit this morning for not doing this already...we'll catch up I'm sure.
Only 7 more days of school left in the year-Yay!! Christopher is very excited about that, but what he doesn't realize is he'll be working with Daddy quite a bit...at least that is my plan! I'm in the process of thinking through and organizing the summer so, it doesn't take us by surprise. My parents will be moving to Oklahoma in June, the kids will have fun visiting them for a weekend or two. They will be 4 hours away in Ardmore which isn't bad driving time. I'm excited about this summer!

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

half my soil got washed away, AGAIN. sigh.

Stephanie said...

Wow, you'll get 8K? How much was the roof estimate? And who did you ask? Is there a chance you can get it cheaper from someone else?

I did that same balance beam thing when I was a kid. I was hoping my parents still had it for my kids but they don't.

My broccoli has worms!!! Almost every plant has holes in it. Mom said diluted dish soap would take care of the bugs. ?? I'm gonna try it as soon as I can get a sprayer.

Brenda Arce said...

We don't know what the ins will cover, the ins. adjuster is coming to look at it on Fri. We don't have the $ especially w/ Cat's therapy. We will look for someone cheaper but, either way we still have to pay $2000. I'm sure my dad (and us) could do it but, the roof is so steep, that makes me nervous! we may have to leave it to the pros.
I've used the dish detergent with aphid bugs on plants and it worked well. I may have to use some on my veggies as well, I'm getting holes in the zuchinni leaves.

Pauline said...

I am soooo glad for you and your parents that they will be a bit closer this summer. It is definately a doable drive.

I cannot believe that you are out of school already... how awesome. we have till the middle of June, but most the public schools go to the end of June!