Monday, April 07, 2008

Life at our house

Saturday morning Christopher had what appeared to by a stye on his right eye lid...this morning it was really puffy with lots of little bumps. this is how it looked this afternoon-a little less puffy but still pretty big...sorry for the blurriness! anyway, I sent him to school and he called asking me to pick him up-it was really bothering him. I made an appointment with an Optomitrist friend, since his pediatrician is out of town. He thought it was a stye at first glance but upon further investigation declared it to be an allergic reaction to something. Most likely he had something on his hand and rubbed his eye-b/c they are so itchy from allergies. We will keep an eye on it for a few days and give him benedryl to help with the itchiness. Poor guy I feel terrible for him! (Just look at those beautiful eyelashes-Mine don't even come close to that with mascara on!)
Here is just a random picture of Catherine-I took it the other day to show her hair...it is so cute this way...the picture just makes me smile! She will be having her pictures taken at dance class tomorrow in her monkey costume, I have to figure out what to do with her hair before then-she'll be wearing a little hat. the costume is adorable on all the girls! I am excited about the upcoming recital in May.
We had a good weekend, the kids both had soccer games-Christopher's team had another shut out and both he and Cat scored goals. We were playing against a friend's team and so after the game I took Christopher's friend with me and the other family took Cat with them-a good time was had by all! I came home and got busy making bread/corn bread and mowed the front and back yards...whew! I was tired that night! Cat and I went to a friend's b'day party that evening and had so much fun with everyone there! I enjoyed the great fellowship with families I don't get to hang out with that much!! We ended up getting home pretty late and we were both asleep w/i a few minutes!
On Sunday we went to a life group after church that friends invited us to...they are just trying to get it up and running. We are going over the 23rd Psalm verse by verse. Again, I so enjoyed the fellowship...can you tell what we've been missing?! But, I came home with such a bad headache and spent the remainder of the afternoon on the couch!
Today I dug up a flower bed against the house that gets sun most of the day. It was really hard work-there were tons of these plants that spread and the roots are huge and deep! I got a whole wagon full of them. There is also a lily that my mom would like us to give her...that would be my pleasure if I can only get it out of the ground...I worked on it all day and still it doesn't budge...the roots must be 10 feet deep...I'll try again tomorrow but, I may have to take an axe to it?! I'm thinking maybe I can use that space for an herb garden or a small vegetable garden. It has been a fun and tiring project...more to continue tomorrow!
Calixto's trip is going well, they are supposed to visit 3 mission sites today. The heat is unbearable! He decided...no more trips in April! Ok, I guess I'm going to have to go figure out what to eat for dinner it is almost 6:00 and I have no motivation to cook!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

uncle lew said...

WHAT could Christopher have rubbed on his eye????
Catherine looks so much older in that picture...
I thought that Calixto wanted the lily to stay where it is???? But I will take it ..just put the bulb in a box (the bulb can get the size of a basketball.) so be careful with it and don't take a axe to it..