Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm just a gardening fool!

Here is my garden...I got it in on Wed. I had to rake it a bit this morning since I found someone's paw prints in it, hmm! She hasn't laid in it so that is good and she avoided stepping on any plants.

At the left of the bed are my big boy tomato plants then come the cucumbers, then the coriander seeds that will become cilantro plants...who knew cilantro came from coriander seeds? Lastly, are the zuchinni squash. I will be putting cages around the tomatoes and something for the cucumbers to climb up on.
Christopher was not happy that I planted w/o him, so I decided to do another garden with fun stuff like watermelons and canteloupes... and whatever else I can find just for the kids. We asked if we could put this garden in right outside of Christopher's room. Calixto said no b/c he had plans for that area...Well, after a little miscommunication I proceeded to dig that spot. I was just about finished when Calixto came out and so graciously pointed out a more suitable garden spot for me in the 2nd property where he stock piles extra plants. I dug the new garden and what a chore it was!! The ground was so hard and there were so many roots!
Here is a pile of the roots I dug and a big ole' root that I chopped out with an axe...I was a regular Pioneer Woman today!! It took several hours but I didn't want to stop til it was completely dug up, cleaned out and turned over. After school the kids put rocks around it and Calixto added some landscape mix to it...garden number 2 is ready for planting!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I sure hope you still want more tomato plants. I've got too many!

Connie said...

OK, I'm feeling really, really lazy now. :) Stephanie! I want your extra tomato plants, if Brenda doesn't!