Wednesday, April 16, 2008

my little garden patch

Some pix of my garden. I've done more work since these shots but it gives you an idea of my "little" garden. I finally managed to dig up the lilly...oh my word, the bulbs are huge! I was able to salvage them and not take an axe to them...I replanted them in a container-ready to head to oklahoma this summer!

Here is a shot of the extremely "huge" root of the spreading plants-that were all in this area and other areas in our yard as well. it took a long time to dig these up too. They are called "four 0'clocks" they are pretty when they bloom but they take over everything!

Chessie keeps thinking I'm digging her a nice cool spot to lie down...I hope when the plants are in there she stays out...might have to put up a little fence!

Yesterday, I mixed some of Calixto's landscape mix in with the soil...it looks beautiful...and is ready for planting!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Connie said...

OK, I feel really lazy. I wanted to plant a garden, but didn't. Maybe it's not too late.... Yours looks great!