Friday, April 25, 2008

A re-cap of the last week

Wow...it has been over a week since I've posted...I don't exactly know why?! Anyway here is a little "catch-up"
*Fri. evening we went on a date! Calixto set up the babysitter and we went out for dinner and then dessert/coffee. It was nice to go out-we haven't been on a date in a long long time!
*Sat. was another "all-dayer" at the soccer fields. Cat had 2 games and Christopher had 1 plus Cat had pictures too. I usually give her $.50 per goal but, on Sat. I told her I'd give her $1 instead...well that was some motivator...she scored "7" goals in the 1st game and "3" more in the 2nd game! Ok, next time there will be a "cap" on how much she can get paid!
*Christopher, finally got to hang out with Brady all afternoon...thanks to Miss Beth!!
*We sat by our fire in the evening and ate chili dogs and roasted marshmallows...I love sitting by the fire!
*Sun. we forgot to call the leaders of the Life group we're going to and weren't sure we were meeting...they did meet...we didn't! We really missed that time and felt all alone at church!
*Mon. I took Cat to the eye Dr. and found out her eyes do not work together and she sees double when things are reading distance from her eyes!!! Ugh!-That means vision therapy for at least 10 weeks. I have no clue how we will pay for this but, it must be taken care of. For good vision hygiene there will be no reading, coloring, game playing or movie watching in the car! Wow!
*I started another tutoring student on Mondays. Why oh why do schools not teach proper pencil holding and proper letter formation...this is important!!! This is even from a private-prestigious school!
*Tues. I mowed all the grass...I felt so good afterward and the yard looks beautiful! I love working outdoors!
*Only 3 more dance classes before recital, yikes!
*Thu. I took Chessie to get tested for heartworms and get the Rx. Fortunately, no heartworms-she has been off the prevention for 3 months now so I was a bit worried. I ran into a friend at the "Animal Protection League" so that was fun. I certainly recommend getting your pet's vacc.s there-much cheaper!
*All 3 of our gardens are "in"...we are growing...regular pumpkins (from last fall's rotted pumpkins), giant (possibly over 100 llb) pumpkins, watermelons, cantaloupes, Big beefy tomatoes, zuchinni, cucumbers, cilantro, carrots and 1 jalepeno. I love gardening!! Next year we'll have 1 large garden.
*CHS has a contract ready for me...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Did you actually go to the eye doctor or was it the pediatricians office. They told me I needed to get Amara's and Jo's eyes checked but I don't really know where to go. Any suggestions.

Brenda Arce said...

We go to Dr. Childress (across from TG Field Auditorium on Magrill and 2nd) Calixto has worked for him and his parents since being in Longview. I was in a few weeks ago when Christopher's eye was swollen. When I was there I started thinking about how Cat will close one eye when she's talking to me up close. I knew that my brother did that b/c he was having double vision. Knowing she'll start school soon I thought we'd better get it checked out now. Too bad I didn't take her every year. Last time she went was in '04.
She put on glasses that had 1 red lense and 1 green lense. When asked what color a dot was she said "red...green...red...green etc" Her brain would process what one eye was seeing at a time! If her brain processed both eyes at the same time the dot would remain white. I don't know what his rates compare to but I think the visit was around $90!