Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally...pictures from Christopher's recent competitions. On Friday morning Christopher was quiet in his room...I thought he was wasting time instead of getting ready for school...so I (in a not so kind voice) called him and asked what he was doing...he quietly replied that he was praying! ok, I felt bad! He told me in the car that Daddy told him to pray when he felt nervous or anxious about anything...so he was praying about the math olympics! God, quieted his nerves and helped him to do his best!
Here is his trophy and t-shirt from the tournament this weekend. The last 2 games came down to overtime and then penalty kicks!!! Oh, my goodness...my nerves just could not take it!! When a game ends in tie score (in tournament play) the teams then play two 10 minute halves...if that ends in tie score...they choose 5 players to kick...alternating the teams. let me tell you that is some pressure for the goalie. The goalie can not move from the line until after the ball is kicked. Both times the other team beat us by one goal...it was disappointing. But, they did get a trophy for finishing in 4th place. The 2nd and 3rd place teams are both Longview teams but they had guest players...we had our regular team. The 1st place team was from Tyler-as I mentioned earlier they play dirty and even cussed at the opposing team as they shook hands...as they were picking up their trophies the officials asked them to leave the park b/c they were being rude and arrogant that they won...it's a shame that teams have to be that way.
The weekend was very sunny but extremely windy! B/c of the wind we didn't really feel the intensity of the sun! At the end of the day we were pretty red. It was chilly so we didn't have too much skin exposed but, our faces got nice and red! So, now Christopher and I have fever blisters on our sun-burned lips! Ugh!!! When I got home on Sat night I smeared my medicine all over my lips...but-I got some blisters anyway! You'd think I'd know to put sun-block on by now!! This coming Saturday Cat has 2 games and Christopher has 1 so it'll be just like having another tournament...I'm getting my sunblock out right now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: