Sunday, January 20, 2008

My project yesterday...the bathroom!
I decided to texturize the ceiling and walls, then prime them plus the bead board. I started by watering down lots of sheetrock mud (I forget the technical term) which splattered all over the place and me! Then I began rolling it on the ceiling, I called a friend for advice and then rolled it a 2nd time, thinking I didn't do such a good job. After all of the frustration just with the ceiling I decided the walls really didn't have to be textured after all!! Which means I didn't need to mix up as much "mud" as I did...oh well! Next I turned my sites to the primer...but, I discovered that the bead board needed to be sanded first, so off to Lowes to get sand paper. By this time is was 1pm and I started the project at 10:30. I begrudgingly sanded the bead board...my attitude was pretty bad and my emotions were crazy...at one point I just layed on Christopher's bed and cried!! Anyway some while, and an inch of dust everywhere later, I was finished with that and began priming...of course after I cleaned the dust out of the room. I started with the ceiling, which didn't look as bad as I thought it might and continued until I was completely finished. I ended around 6pm! What a long day!
I began warming up leftovers for dinner but Calixto decided to pick up a pizza instead...so while he was gone I sat in the tub to ease my aching muscles! My neck really hurts today, all that ceiling stuff took its toll!
Now it is time to paint...maybe next week...or next month, we"ll see?!

It looks so much better just with primer up...no more bare sheet rock!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel your pain!!!!! It's an ugly job. (I mean the sanding and drywall stuff not the actual finished piece. :))

Earl's Family said...

Great job! We just painted in our bathroom and I know how long THAT took, so it must have been hard! What do you do about bathroom storage......we have the same issue in ours!
-BECKY LYNN

Brenda Arce said...

this is our guest bathroom, so it doesn't need as much storage space. But, I do need to get something for towels etc. I figured I would look for that after I painted-(the walls are going to be a soft, misty turquoise color everything else will be white)

Pauline said...

you should go into interior decorating. you have good vision for spaces. BTW, what did you end up doing with the fireplace??

uncle lew said...

It's looking good!....you could
scrap that sticker off the toilet
tank and the picture would be great
Just kidding...Does your neck still hurt from that accident or what..do you still go and get a massage?? Maybe you're due for one.
Well after all that work you're
really deserve one so go.....
MOM

uncle lew said...

sorry for the ('re)I was going to write something else ..oh well..
What did you do about the window..did you get the contact paper and put on it???
look around the used furniture shop for a "baker's shelf thing" to put in the bathroom for the towels and things..there were some
nice things there when I looked.

Brenda Arce said...

I sprayed some window frost stuff on the outside.
I did scrape the toilet sticker off...it was pretty stuck.
I haven't done anything with the fireplace yet...it is still on my list though:)
Calixto bought some ceiling paint today, but, I just can't do it. I am hoping he will paint it so I can get to the the walls and trim.