Monday, January 14, 2008

My day has not gone as I planned it!! I had planned on shopping at Walmart-putting the groceries away-going for a walk on the trail-washing clothes-cleaning the house. I did manage to go shopping but after that is when everything changed. I walked in the door with the last bag when the phone rang, it was a mom from school asking me to pick up something at the store before I came for the lunch fundraiser I was scheduled to help with. I totally forgot about it! It was already 10:45 and I needed to be there by 11:20...I hadn't showered and didn't have any makeup on. I quickly threw all the necessary groceries in the fridge/freezer, washed my face, threw on make-up and packed a lunch for Cat. We were out the door w/i 20 minutes...phew!! But, I still had to get gas...on my way out I forgot my cell phone too! On McCann Road the speed limit is posted at 40 but, I so needed to go faster...but, there was a policeman behind me so 40 miles it was! I did get to the school on time but I sure was frazzled and starving. Catherine ate lunch without any help and went out to play with the kindergartners, so she was out of the way. She also went to music class with them since the teacher couldn't get her to leave. I would have gotten her but was in the midst of the 2nd lunch period and couldn't get away she ended up doing fine and the music teacher was ok with her being there.
By the time we left it was after 1pm and I still hadn't eaten (I have to eat at 12!) As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot I began to see little flickering lights in my right eye...oh no a migraine!!! My head was pounding more than just my normal headaches. My peripheral vision was starting to go away...I needed food fast so I drove through McD's. Shortly after I ate I began to feel a bit better-my vision was clearing up at least and I could think a little more clearly. I've only had a migraine twice but, I sure hope I don't have anymore!!!
I had to go to Hobby Lobby for a project Christopher had to complete tonight. After that I headed straight for the advil bottle and the couch. Although the twinkling lights had faded my headache was still very substantial. I camped out on the couch for about an hour and a half until the pain was just a dull ache. I got nothing done that I wanted to!! But, by the time Christopher got home I was ready to straighten things up a bit and get dinner done. Then I was able to help him complete his diorama of a revolutionary war scene...it turned out pretty good too! I was so thankful to be able to feel well enough to help b/c I know migraines can last a long-long time! The kids are in bed, there are laundry piles all over my bed and more clothes in the dryer but, I'm choosing to ignore all that for now and rest!!
I forgot to mention...Calixto came home shortly after I left and put all the groceries away and cleaned up all my jewlery that the cat had spilled all over my floor!! What a husband :)

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

good thing that lady called... get some rest!

Stephanie said...

You know, I would love to see your house with groceries all over, piles of laundry and jewelry scattered all over the place. :) Speaking of, you should come over and see my "new" place.

Sorry for the stressful day and the headache.

uncle lew said...

couldn't but think of your last blog Is 40:30-31........even youths shall faint and be weary...
I guess that is where you come in..
I know how migraines can hit with little or no warning..glad you could rest for a while before you had to help Christopher..you had better start carrying some power bars with you so you can nibble on something when you are running short on time (and food)But it still sounds like you got alot done
for the day.
And yes you have a great support in your husband, he is a great guy.
Mom

Connie said...

Yikes! What a day. I know those little twinkly lights, they are the knell of doom--migraine on the way. Your husband is a gem. Sounds like something Tom would do--I don't know what I would do without him. :)