Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I lost my tutoring student! His mom decided to take him out of CHS and put him back into public school. I am really frustrated with how the whole situation transpired but, the choice has been made. So, now I won't be at the school on T/Th, I'm going to miss that. I enjoyed being up there-it gave me oppurtunity to see Christopher and his classmates and interact with the teachers.
God did provide another tutoring student at just the right time (although I was hoping to have 2 students at the same time)...I begin tutoring math this afternoon. I have only tutored in Writing Road to Reading, so I hope this goes well.
Catherine just brought me some breakfast-toast with apricot jelly! What she didn't know is that I already had cereal and toast before she got up...I am totally full but, I ate her wonderfully made toast just to please her!
Christopher has to recite a poem this morning in front of judges to decide who goes to the big "Speech meet" in Feb. I didn't really like his poem it was "A Boy and His Stomach" and it should be recited by someone with a southern accent. He did well last night when he said it for us. Calixto took him to school and stayed to hear him.

1 comment:

Brenda Arce said...

Calixto thought Christopher did a very good job, but he did better at home last night though. There were 3 classifications- Poetry, fable and fokelore and scripture. He thinks one other boy may have done better in poetry...we'll find out later today.