Thursday, January 24, 2008

During most evenings I have been reading Hinds Feet on High Places to the kids. I usually let Catherine color or something to keep her occupied (she still listens and is able to answer questions about the book). Last night she was cutting paper and decided to cut out letters...she did a pretty good job, some letters aren't so recognizable but, others look great!
This has been such an appropriate book for this season in our lives. Just the other night we were reading how the main character was being led by the Shepherd to the High places by way of the desert. I certainly feel like we are walking through that desert where God is stripping us, molding us and refining us...not an easy thing! and it hurts! This week has been extremely difficult...last week too! But, God brought some things about that really encouraged my heart and reminded me that He indeed has not abandoned us and is continuing to lead and guide us forward to those High places. ok, if I continue...I'll start crying! and I have to leave to pick up Catherine.
On a final note...Christopher won the speech meet for poetry!! Yay!!
He's off to Tyler in April to compete against all the other Christian schools in the area!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

uncle lew said...

Catherine those letters are very good. You must be the smartest girl in Mothers'Day Out.
Keep up the good work!

The Peacock Pearl said...

way to go christopher!