Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Catherine and I are down with colds!! Luckily, we don't have anywhere to be today so...we are just gonna hang out and rest at home! We've been popping vitamin C like crazy, and I'm taking L-Lysine to prevent a fever blister from forming in my nose. I get one in my left nostril (yuck!) after every cold, from blowing my nose...they are very painful! This time I am being diligent to head it off...usually I forget to take the Lysine which for some reason keeps the nasty blisters away.
Here are some pix of Christopher's diorama of a revolutionary war scene. He wrote a report about George (the last name escapes me right now!), he had to give an oral report and do a project-a diorama or poster. The teacher said he did a great job on the oral part yesterday!




On a note from his teacher the other day she said that he had a great semester and appreciates his enthusiasm and "love of learning". That is one reason I wanted him to go to CHS instead of continuing with homeschooling...I knew that "I" was not instilling in him a love of learning and I so wanted that but, just didn't do that for him. I so appreciate the fact that she wrote that and sees that in him, it was a great confirmation!
I now have another tutoring student, he will be attending CHS in the fall and needs some work in math. I have never really tutored in math but, they ordered the book and just need someone to help him through it. So, now I'll be tutoring a total of 4 days a week, yay!
The extra money sure will help!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

uncle lew said...

so sorry that mommy and cat are sick but know you'll be feeling better soon..
christopher , you did a great job on your project..i'll have to read your report when i come down
hope everyone will be feeling good soon and christopher and calixto don't get it (they have to take care of the girls)