Sunday, December 09, 2007

Since yesterday was unseasonably warm...80+ degrees we threw on some shorts and t-shirts and embarked on cleaning up the back yard. We spent several hours in the morning mowing, raking and bagging! We ended up filling 11 bags of leaves and grass! At the beginning the kids did great, they worked hard and helped each other without arguing. Unfortunately the peace didn't last the entire time. Is it just my kids or do other siblings just not get along?! Somehow, I would like to get them to act like they love each other...I know they do, I just want them to act like it!! Anyway, we did get a lot accomplished so I treated them to lunch at McD's.
I know some of you are laughing that it is the 2nd weekend in December and we are out raking leaves in shorts!! I prefer cold weather in December but I am grateful for the fact that our heat is off for a few days...it sure does help the gas bill stay low!
Oops, I guess my parents will see that their car (in the back ground) is not covered!! We'll get to that right away!

Whether the whole work time was peaceful or not the kids enjoyed the work...well, they enjoyed the final product of their labor! We want to instill in them the importance and value of hard work, this project sure helps with that...it also helps them (me too!) appreciate the hard work their Daddy does everyday for us!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carty Family said...

All siblings fight like that. Don't you remember how you were with Bruce and Tracy? I feel the same way with my two. I know they love each other and really do get along most of the time. But when they fight it is a real struggle. The arguing has gotten worse as they get older. It might have something to with the fact that Christopher isn't going to take Darlene bossing around as much and they both have perfected the art of pushing each others buttons.

Brenda Arce said...

Shari you aren't supposed to tell me that!!!
btw how is highschool going for Darlene?
hope you guys are doing well!

Pauline said...

Mine are getting worse at that too!!! They want to be together, but are constantly trying to "win" over each other leading to pushing those buttons

uncle lew said...

the triplets are worse..they can only play just so long together then the fighting starts..working together is alittle better because they are busy but then.......John can't pass the girls without pushing or touching them just to sit them off..Ally and Toria fight like cats ..nails and pulling hair..they all have so many scratches on them that it is a wonder the teacher doesn't say something to Tracy..Tracy makes them take turns to dress because they can't be in the same room together without fighting.
I think these three are so much worse than Tracy,Bruce and Brenda maybe because they are the same age OR else its because I'm OLDER
NOI ONE HAD BETTER AGREE TO THAT