Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friday night Christopher's school had their first annual Chritmas program. I don't have any pictures, as my camera didn't take good shots from the back of the church. The kids did a great job singing. They even sang one Christmas carol in Latin, it was sung in a round and it was absolutely beautiful. Since it was the first one...there were some kinks and the evening was very long!
Catherine enjoyed the program very much and told me she wants to be in kindergarten now! She informed me..."I'm going to kindergarten tomorrow!"
The next morning I drove Christopher and neighbors to school, I came home and started cleaning when I received a phone call from school. I was asked to substitute for Kindergarten (I'm not on the sub list but they had already called everyone on it) knowing that I had Catherine at home they told me that it would be fine if I brought her!! So she did indeed go to kindergarten the next day!! She was sooo excited and told me Jesus answered her prayer!
The class welcomed her and she joined right in with them. I didn't have time to prepare a good lunch and knew I was going to be hungry all afternoon. When I took the class to the cafeteria I was told it was a special day and lunch was provided for all teachers!! So, I got to eat a wonderful lunch (dessert too) and chat with other teachers who are friends. It was a fun day but, I must say I was exhausted by the time we got home. Catherine fell asleep on the way home! She did great but did have a little melt down at the end of the day...a very loud melt down! But, we got through it after we went to the supply closet for some discipline! When I left her in the cafeteria at lunch time, I told her I was going to eat in another room and she said "ok, I'll watch the kids"! too cute!
Last week I picked up a teaching application for next year...yesterday was a good test to see if that is something that I want to do...and I think it is. What better place to work (if you must) than your child's school?! But, we'll see if God opens that door!

2 comments:

Carty Family said...

It has been wonderful so far this year being in the same school as Darlene. She is able to come to my office most days during her study hall and knows she can come at any point if she needs me. It also helps to know her some of her teachers. Although, I'm not sure she likes this part. It also helps that I know other Christian teachers and have been able to get her to know some of them so she has somebody else to go to if she needs anything. God has answered my prayer of Darlene appreciating me working at her school unlike other faculty children who want to hide when their parents are around.

Stephanie said...

I have been so amazed at how the Lord answers my kids prayers. There have been near death instances where we have called the kids together to pray (for a little boy and for Papa's dog). We prayed and prayed and eventually both of these prayers were answered and the dog and the boy are still alive today. I love it that Cathrine was so sure it was the Lord that answered her prayer. :)