Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Christmas tree!
From the picture it looks like we could use some more ornaments, in real life it looks pretty full! I promised Christopher next year we could do a kid's tree with colored lights and kid type ornaments...He thinks our tree is beautiful but would like something a bit..."less plain"! Maybe, I'll even do tinsel next year! I think if we continue to live in East Texas we may have to break down and buy an artificial tree...the Lowes trees just aren't so fresh when we buy them and they die quickly. This one is still drinking water but, is dropping tons of needles. I prefer a real tree b/c of the scent and the different shape we end up with every year. We could go to a local tree farm but, they don't have the type of tree I prefer. Ok, so I am picky when it comes to our Christmas trees. This year no matter how quickly it dies, I am not taking it apart to replace it...I did do that one year. Calixto was ok with it as long as I did it without his help, so one morning I dismantled the tree, put it in the back of the truck, picked out a new one and started all over again!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pauline said...

little trick I was told about this week for fake Christmas trees. Hide a yankee candle car sent thingy in the tree!!! the most realistic one is the "Christmas Wreath" This is our first year with a fake one due to Stephens mold allergy.

Brenda Arce said...

that is a great idea!

Carty Family said...

I really miss our live tree but had to switch when Christopher was 1 because of his allergies. Christopher with Grandmom and PopPop this year to pick out their tree. He came home all excited because he didn't even know that people actually when to tree farms to pick out their tree. I was so sad for him to have been missing this opportunity his whole life.

As much as I miss the live tree, the artificial trees are so much easier. I love your idea Pauline. I will try that this year.

uncle lew said...

and get one of yankee candles "christmas wreath" to burn too. It does make you think you have a tree up somewhere..we haven't put the tree up yet (I don't know where the stand is) but was very tempted to buy a fake one..no mess of fallen needles no matter how long you keep it up..no mess to clean up when you take it down..there is usually a trail of needles from where the tree sits to the door and out over the porch....if i keep typing i just might go buy that fake tree yet

Connie said...

We are on our second year with an artifial tree, and I got a candle because I do miss the scent.(I got mine at Dollar General, though, & it smells pretty good!) I just got tired of buying live trees that got crunchy 2 weeks before Christmas--and it didn't seem to matter if we bought one from the tree farm or not! We've had such bad droughts lately the tree farm trees were not much better than the Lowe's trees. Sigh. I miss the days of hiking up the back hill and picking out just the right Douglas Fir tree--one that was growing with other trees so it was flat on one side (so it would fit in the corner) and cutting it down gave the other tree a better chance to grow strong and full. :)