Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I spent the day in the kitchen making goodies. Here is the fruit of my labor! I made 2 of the these boxes (roasting pans) and 2 loaves of amish bread. I made my usual snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies with oats. The white things are cake bites and the others are oreo truffles.
I think the bread may have gotten a bit over-baked...hopefully, they aren't too dry...I have no choice but to give them away...I don't have the time or ingredients to make more. Of course Calixto thinks they will be fine...maybe I'm being too picky!
In case you are wondering- Cake bites: bake a cake (any flavor), when it is finished put it in a bowl (while still hot) and mix in a container of frosting (any flavor to compliment the cake). Roll that into balls when it is cool enough to handle and then dip them into chocolate or bark. I made a white cake with lemon frosting and vanilla bark.
Oreo truffles: you crush a package of oreos-either in a food processor or in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin-then mix the cookie crumbs with an 8 oz package of cream cheese, then dip them in chocolate or bark.
I used my cookies scoop to make both of these although they should only be about 1/2 the size (1 inch) Both are very rich and yummy. A friend told me the mint oreos are even better!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carty Family said...

The Oreo Truffles sound really good. I'm going to try to make them.

uncle lew said...

WHEN CAN I EXPECT MINE?????

Kristi said...

Brenda, that all looks very good! :) Happy New Year to you and your family.