Monday, September 10, 2007

I'll do a little catch up since I have been away from blogging...both updating mine and reading others. I've been busy adjusting to our new fall schedule. Here was Catherine's birthday....we didn't have a party this year, we will have one for every other birthday. This is the off year. It was a Wednesday and so we went to church for dinner and small groups. She loved it and told everyone she saw that she is now five!

Among a few other gifts she got a "church bag" this is filled with markers, crayons, a notebook, coloring book and doodle pad. This is only to be used during church on Sundays. She loves the bag and wants to use it throughout the week but, she has done well leaving it alone!
On the following Saturday Calixto's Dad and step mom came to celebrate. I made a chocolate cake with sprinkles as per her request. I used the recipe on the back of Hershey's cocoa, which is just delicious!
Here is her big present...a brand new bike that she actually fits on. Her old one has been way to small for some time now! She loves her big bike and does very well riding it. She did lose riding privileges for a few days last week as she didn't stop and look for cars before crossing the street...she's learning!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

uncle lew said...

boy you made out even if you didn't have a party..the bicyle is great and i'm so glad to see you have all your safety stuff on ..make sure you always put it on before you get on the bike.
the cake looks great..

Stephanie said...

I like the church bag idea and only being able to use it for church!

Brenda Arce said...

I got that idea from a book, maybe "Parenting from the Pew" I can't remember for sure.
It works great and I don't have to search for things on Sunday mornings...it's all right there.