Sunday, September 16, 2007

For those of you wondering...No coin has been discovered yet!
There have been 2 times that I was unable to check...for reasons beyond my control...so maybe the coin did come out. The problem with that is she may have to have another x-ray if I don't actually see the coin w/i 4 weeks, just to make sure it was expelled...pray that we find it, and don't have to spend more money!
I also had to take a puppy to the vet this week. After coming home Fri afternoon, our droopy eyed dog had an even droopier eye than normal...he looked terrible! I called the vet and they said eye problems can get really bad really quick so I should bring him in for a look. It turns out he has a scratched cornea...poor pup, I know how bad that hurts. He is now on 2 different drops and an antibiotic.
About an hour after we returned from the vet, we sold that puppy. We greatly reduced the price of the 2 remaining pups (1 male, 1 female) and called a friend who was interested in buying one. They chose the male, we said goodbye and off they went...happy to have only 1 puppy left. The next morning the new family called and asked if they could exchange the male for the female. The puppy was fine but the rest of the family really wanted a female. That was no problem for us...we like the male better and do have a potential buyer for him. That family doesn't know about his eye yet and I would have to drive him to Lufkin. I'm sort of hoping that falls through, it would be better to sell him to someone local. I am kind-of wanting to keep him too though and so are the kids. I'm just not sure we are ready for or need 2 dogs...that's a lot of vet costs! We'll see what happens this week. At least we're down to one!

1 comment: