Monday, September 10, 2007


oh our little Ca-hin!
This was this past Sunday as she waited to leave for church. She was teaching her friends to play Candy Land. She was reading from a story book, making up the words, story and game. She kept herself entertained for quite a while!
Today, while she was supposed to be taking a nap, I heard her start to gag, then she cried out "Mommy"! I ran in and she told me she swallowed a quarter! She was beginning to panic. I grabbed her up and tried to do somewhat of a hiemlich (however you spell it) manuver...it wasn't so easy, her little stomach muscles were so tight. She just kept spitting, she could breathe...I got her to calm down and she realized she could breathe and swallow. I had her drink some juice and she seemed ok. I put her back to bed and then called the Dr's office. I had to leave a message and they call you back. The nurse called back about 30-40 min. later, Cat was already asleep. She told me to make sure she slept upright and to get her up to eat something to make sure it would go down. They were concerned b/c a quarter is big enough to block her esophagus or intestines. As I thought about it, I remembered that she calls all coins quarters...so I don't really know what coin it was. She has been fine since then...she is sleeping in bed with me tonight propped up on several pillows. The Dr wants to see her in the morning. It was a pretty scary thing today and we are grateful that God was watching over her and protected her from a potentially deadly situation.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I would have been horrified. I'm so glad the Lord was watching over her.

When I was driving to my class tonight (long story short) there was a car right in front of me. The only thought going through my mind was "we're gonna get hit." She swerved just in time. It's amazing how much the Lord protects us from.

Sorry you had such a horrible scare.