Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary (yesterday) to my Honey!!
Calixto surprised me for our 12th anniversary! He had made plans with 2 families to take care of our children over night on Sat. and he took me away to Dallas for the night. We stayed at the beautiful Hilton-Anatole and then had reservations for dinner at the Old Warsaw, a very fancy restaraunt. When we arrived at the hotel he had a dozen white roses waiting in the room! Dinner was wonderful...the ambiance beautiful and intimate, the food so incredibly delicious! Sunday morning we had a full breakfast in our room and then walked around the grounds/garden of the hotel and then spent some time in the pool. What a nice leisurely morning. Before leaving Dallas we stopped for lunch at a favorite seafood place that has the best mexican seafood soup...very spicy!
Calixto has always been very thougtful in regard to our anniversaries and my birthdays (ok, with the exception of my 1st birthday after we were married...but, hey I'm over that now ;). He is very much a romantic and I often take that for granted...thinking every man is like that...but that is not true of every man is it? I so appreciate the fact that he planned such a wonderful weekend for us even down to the childcare!
I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband, not just because he plans special weekends, but b/c of who he is! He is a godly man who pursues his relationship with Christ with a passion. He is a communicative, loving husband who is a strong leader. He has a strong work ethic and works hard for his family. He is a great father who loves his children deeply and is actively involved with them. The list could go on and on...I couldn't have asked for a better husband!! He is my beloved!

6 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

wow 12 years... congratulations!!! sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah Calixto!!! And congratulations on the 10 years. I'm longingly looking forward to our 10. (Two years from now.)

I'm always fascinated how the person God has given us seems to be the perfect match for us. You can ask almost anyone and it seems to be the same answer that they couldn't imagine a better fit. Of course, it's hard to say that when your frustrated at each other but in all reality .. it is.

One time during our January prayer Beth said something about "when the kids move out and it's just the two of us again" melted my heart. I thought about how amazing it is that husband and wife come together, have kids and raise them, send them out and then it's back to the two of them. There is something so special about those years of being together - all the memories.

Yada yada yada yada :)

bonnie said...

Awesome weekend. It's great of Calixto not to forget what is important in the middle of all the effort that goes into building the lawn business. His actions back up his beliefs and that's where the rubber meets the road.

Rob and Becky said...

Congratulations!

Becky

uncle lew said...

Hey there was no hurricane this time so you must have enjoyed the day. Yes you have a great husband there..he even remembers MY birthday with a special call with greeting for the day.
Yes you picked a good one..a true man of God and a great father.
And besides he is so cute!!!
Thank God for him everyday.
Mom

Stephanie said...

That's funny. I saw the message from Uncle Lew about Calixto being "so cute!!!" and I thought ... huh? :) Then I saw ... mom!