Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Well...I think it is time for a post!!
My life has been so busy and tiring! Only 1 week til I go to work full-time! Eeeek! I've been working on getting my room together, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction it is going. I want my room to be bright and airy not stuffed with bunches of stuff...so far I have achieved that! You see I have to wander around school and "find" things that I could use and or need for my classroom. Of course as one of the new teachers I'm pretty low on the proverbial totum pole, but fortunately for me I already know most of the teachers so they've been pretty sweet to share.
I'm am not used to being on my feet on a concrete floor with low pile carpet and so my legs have ached everynight when I try to sleep! Between my achey legs and my brain that just won't turn off I haven't gotten much sleep...I'm thinking that won't get better for a few weeks.
Last night the other Kindergarten teacher and I had a meeting to introduce the parents to "Writing Road to Reading". I think it went really well and I shared almost as equally as the other teacher. The Dean of Lower School wanted to make sure I was sharing knowledge equally to make sure the parents understand that although I'm new I do know the reading/spelling/writing curriculum. I'm sure some parents will/do prefer the other teacher since she has been there for 5 years and I'm new! I'm trying to deal with the emotions of that...hopefully I won't "hear" of any parents not wanting me as their child's teacher!
This week I wanted to get my room together so next week we can sit down and get lesson plans done. The other teacher has some amazing ideas and plans that she'll be sharing with me so we can pretty much stay on the same page throughout the year.
Aside from pre-school year stuff we haven't been doing much. christopher has been working with Calixto which has been good. On Sat. they were working at a friend's lake house and he was invited to stay and play instead of work...he had a blast tubing, wake boarding and jet skiing! Sure beats pushing a mower in the 100 plus degree weather! It was very sweet of them to invite him to share in their family fun.
I'll save the rest for another post!! I'm gonna go veg out...right after I take some ibuprofen!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sure you'll be a fabulous teacher! The parents who may not want you simply don't know how great you are!!

The Peacock Pearl said...

you should stop in for lunch one day on your way up or back from school prep... we're sorta on the way ;)

Connie said...

I'm sure once they met you they were reassured. :)

Brenda Arce said...

Thanks for your comments!!!
I just asked Calixto..."Why am I teching?...I should have just looked for a secretary position...where you just go to work and don't have to prepare anything!" He simply reminded me of the many reasons why I am teaching! All of which I need to keep reminding myself of today!