Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh how different life is!

Thank the Lord it is a 3 day weekend...no school Monday! That gives me some time to accompolish something like grocery shopping this week...maybe! I'm still staying after school is out to get things done in my classroom and I'm there at least 4 hours each Sat or Sun. I know that will come to an end as soon as I can get a grip on the days that just fly by!! but for now, I'm working 6 days a week and 9-12 hours a day. What a change of pace. I did manage to get my house clean today, the clothes are washed and my mom bought some groceries. I think by Tues. I'll be in a good position for the new week.
I have 12 students, 7 girls and 5 boys! They are a cute bunch! They are quickly learning their new routine and feeling more comfortable as the first full-week is behind us. They make me smile with their prayer requests and stories. One girl has invited me to her b'day party...which is pretty understandable but she has also invited me to go with her family on a disney cruise!! I'm going to have to get those dates down, I don't want to miss that!!
I have realized that I never truly appreciated Christopher's teachers...don't get me wrong I did appreciate them greatly but, now I know how much of a sacrifice it is to be a teacher and a mom of younger children! Last week I just cried...thinking there is no way I can do this...and that is the truth of it...there is no way I could do this in my own strength! I know that God has brought me here and it is only through him that I can accomplish the tasks set before me. My body is so very exhausted as I begin to adjust to this new routine and life!
On another note, we finally joined a church! We are new members of MobberlyBaptist. We are excited to be "part" of a body again...we've been there for several months but there is something different about being a member of a local body!
Ok, it is 9:30 and I'm headed for sleep...I'll try to blog again soon...at least before the weekend is over! Maybe I'll catch up on reading blogs too!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Being in a family of teachers I know that teachers go unnoticed. I think it's a great calling and one that changes the world. You never know who you will effect in your classroom. It could be all because of you that someone in turn does something great. You matter!

Congratulations on the membership. I bet it feels good!!!