Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am blessed...

My sweet children!
The other day I was having a huge melt-down! Lots of stresses adding up, I didn't feel well, the kids were bickering and I had finally reached my melting point. I was on the phone with my husband and just started bawling! Catherine came over hugged me and rubbed my back all the while saying..."It's OK mommy...I'll take care of you...it's OK!"
Christopher just kind of watched and kept his distance but later he came out to the living room where I was laying on the couch and spelled out "Get Well Soon" with his K'nex!
I was really touched by both of their actions! What a blessing they are to me!
I was about to post this but realized how sweet my husband is and thought I'd share what he did the other day. I'm usually the one who stays home while he travels, well last week (or was it the week before) I was the one who went away and he stayed home. Upon my arrival not only did I come home to a very clean house, I found my favorite premium ice cream in the freezer! He had bought a few other grocery items too but the ice cream was a very special treat-just for me! That may seem like an insignificant thing but, it meant a lot to me...thanks honey!!
I'm going to start a gratitude list...either here or in my journal...b/c I need to "...forget not all his benefits..."
I'm grateful for...
1-A husband and children who love me more than I deserve!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah for husbands and children who bless us when we need it most! :)

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Having YOUR favorite ice cream is just a wonderful thing to have in the freezer! My hubby did that for my b-day once and I gushed for an entire year about him! Enjoy your treat!

Connie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whe calls my husband when I'm in melt-down state. :) I feel so weak when I do that, but I need his strength--and he gives it to me. Aren't husbands awesome? (Well, yours & mine, anyway....I can't speak for others....)