Friday, July 18, 2008

Hawks

Look at our resident Hawk sitting pool side...this is the 2nd time we've seen it here. Its mate was sitting nearby on the overhead wires. They have a nest in our back yard...we always see feathers from their meals by one of our gates and we hear their screeches and watch them soar high in the air. So far they haven't messed with our cat...maybe she is too big of prey for them or maybe they have their fill of birds in our "forest"
Wish I could have gotten a better shot but, I had to quickly take it from the screened porch
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

uncle lew said...

oh wow! that is a large hawk..wish we could have seen it when we were there.
and I just bet you tryed to delete the picture of me..so I'm glad you couldn't delete the one of you HAHA
Stacey (Lance) said to tell you he would have liked to see you..he always thought you were so pretty.
He left today (Sun) to go back to Kansas. He said it is 5 hours from here.
Love ya
Mom