Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It is a beautiful day today!!
Last week my parents were here for a few days before flying back to NJ. My dad and Calixto replaced all the windows in the bedrooms....Oh, I love them!! No more wind blowing in from the old leaky windows! The new ones look so clean and crisp...and they all open!! most of the old ones were painted shut. I can't wait for all of them to be installed!
Friday, Christopher competed in the speech meet in Tyler. He did a great job as did all of the contestants in his group. But, unfortunately he only received a "good" ribbon, he was soooo disappointed! I really feel the judges were too harsh on them. The students can be awarded good, excellent or superior ribbons and only those that receive superior can win a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place medals. In his group of 12 only one medal was awarded! I was shocked, the girl who won did an excellent job but, several other students did equally as well. Every other group (bible reading etc) received 3 medals. This is exactly what happened in 2nd grade-in 3rd grade he didn't even want to try to compete...so I guess he won't want to go next year either!
Later in the afternoon after we got home he was acting sluggish and his cheeks were red, I took his temp and it was 102!! Poor guy was sick! Over night his temp broke and in the morning it was normal...so, I told him to get dressed for his 1st soccer game of the season. He didn't want to go (that is not like him at all), after some discussion he finally cried and told us if he lost this game that it would be 2 things in a row that he lost and he just couldn't do that!! Calixto had a great conversation with him and he finally agreed to go. They won 7-1! But, his temp did return that afternoon as well...we stayed home Sun. to make sure he was really over whatever he had.
His day in Tyler was not a total waste, he got to eat with a good friend and his dad at Chuck E. Cheese's and go to a wildlife museum! While he was doing that I went to lunch with some other moms from school. We ate at Julian's Asian Diner...it was so good!! It is a bit pricey but, oh so delicious!
Catherine also rocked at her 1st soccer game, scoring 1 goal and defending a goal from being made by the other team! She now plays outdoor since the indoor place closed down. Outdoor is so much more fun but a bit more confusing for the players.
I'm washing clothes with my homemade laundry soap...have to go see how well it worked...

2 comments:

Pauline said...

oh,my heart breaks. I am sure that Christopher did great anyway, too bad he was dissapointed.

uncle lew said...

the windows were nailed shut as well as painted shut..they either didn't want out or anyone else in
But if there had been a fire they were goners