Thursday, March 13, 2008

Calixto left for Mexico this morning at 5:30!
He and Connor were on their way to pick up the team from Grace Comm church when the truck broke down just 15 miles or so outside of Glen Rose! Please pray for them to get the truck driveable without wasting precious time. I know things like this can be quite a distraction and a discouragement right at the onset of a missions trip. Also pray the repairs won't cost us too much money...money we don't have!! They were only driving the truck to Glen Rose, they'll be taking the church van from there to Mexico.
Catherine asked this morning why Daddy was going to Glen Rose. I told her that he was headed to Mexico and she began crying, saying that she wanted to go make tortillas and chase the little boy around (refering to a little friend in Tamaz) she was very sad that Daddy didn't wake her up to go!
Speaking of Cat...this morning when I got her up she had no shirt on, I looked all in her room and couldn't find it. I went into the living room and there it was on the couch! Calixto told me that in the middle of the night she came into the living room, took off her shirt and layed down on the couch. He said she wasn't making any kind of sense except she kept telling him "Mommy said I could"! He held her for a little bit and then carried her back to bed, he didn't even want to try putting her shirt back on!!
If you think of it please pray for us here this week. Everytime Calixto goes away something major seems to happen to upset or frazzle us! We are praying for a calm, peaceful week no matter the circumstances...it would be nice if it were uneventful too! My prayer is to "be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might"...as my verse states this week.

No comments: