Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Life

I'm slowly adjusting to my new schedule, I wake up 5 minutes before my alarm goes off at 5:45 every morning. I'm trying not to stay too long at school in the afternoons, today I left at 4:05 which certainly beats 5:00. I still have not gotten the "dinner" stuff down! I keep forgetting to put the frozen chicken out or I don't have the correct ingredients on hand. I'll get a handle on that this week. Tonight we did have to order a pizza since I wasn't adequately prepared! I'd love to make cookies some time soon...I always used to make cookies...at least 2 times a month...I'll get to it eventually!
My parents were here for the past 2 weekends and my dad got some projects completed and my mom shopped for groceries and did laundry. Wow, what a help that was! I have to pick a day to shop at Walmart on my way home from school and stick with that plan.
Christopher is now playing for the "Texas Titans" a club team out of Tyler. His season hasn't started but he had 2 scrimmage games this past Saturday. They won both of them and one team was a year older than them. Most of the time he played goalie or defense and wasn't in a position to score goals. The coach is trying to find the best position on the field for them to play. The coaches have been pretty tough on them but, they are responding well and working extremely hard.
5th grade is a huge leap from 4th grade...much more is expected from the students. So far, Christopher has been doing well, but he must remain organized to be successful. Miss Ogden does a great job preparing them for 6th grade where they will change classes throughout the day. I love seeing Christopher and his classmates during the day, they always give me a big hug! the boys included! I don't see him much except for passing in the hall but I love knowing that he is just down the hall if I want to peek in on him.
Catherine is not liking school as well today! She had a little bit of trouble due to her choice of disobedience. I so appreciate the fact that I can get the scoop on her behavior immediately at school. I don't intervere with her teacher's discipline but I am able to talk with Cat or her teacher about it quickly. They both love being a teacher's kid...it comes with perks like staying after school everyday!! Cat isn't playing soccer which is wonderful...I can't imagine adding her practices and games to our schedule.
Ok, the pizza should be here soon...I'm going to veg out for a bit!

No comments: