Monday, February 11, 2008

I realized that I haven't updated on our family happenings lately. Last weekend we went to Glen Rose to meet with team members for our upcoming trip to Mexico. We had a wonderful time of fellowship with friends and heard a great message at church on Sunday. On our way back we pulled over on the side of the road b/c Cat had spilled some Sprite, when we did we ran over a long, huge nail...it was stuck in the side of the tire. Calixto changed the tire and we were on our way in no time but, the tire had to be replaced the next day as you can not fix a hole in the side of the tire! We arrived home in time to watch the superbowl...disappointing as the game was!
My parents were here and we didn't really have work for my dad to do, well we have plenty of work, just no money to spend on it. We did ask him to look at the tub/shower that were plugged up, thinking that would be something simple but, of course it turned into a big project! There is no access to the pipes in that bathroom. The crawl space is only a few inches under that part of the house. We are assuming there was a trap door in the floor of the bathroom closet but the previous owners turned that into a shower. Our only option was to cut a hole in the floor of the living room closet (thank goodness that closet is there!). After some work the clog was removed...I'm sure Cat's hair was to blame! He also fixed the "handicap" toilet that seemed to leak all the time. Wow...what a savings for us...thanks to a dad who is a "jack-of-all-trades". We also decided we "have" to replace our windows, we ordered them and my dad will install them before they leave for NJ at the end of the month.
Christopher had a great game on Saturday, he scored several times and seemed to finally find his groove! They had to turn the scoreboard off the score was so high...28-0! They have lost to the 2 hardest teams but, they played very well and the scores on both of those games were close.
I have just finished reading a biography of Helen Roseveare, a missionary to the Congo. The book is He Gave Me This Mountain Her life story is amazing. She readily admits her failings and shortcomings as a missionary and as a christian and still God used her mightily! Now, I am onto another of her books Digging Ditches This book is required reading for our missions trip. Her books are truly inspiring!
I have to get my house organized...it is so messy that I can't get anything accomplished...

2 comments:

my3sons said...

Brenda, I'm so sorry you guys got a nail in your tire on the way home on Sunday! It was so good to see you on Sunday. I wish we could have spent more time together. Next time we'll make plans for sure! :) We love you guys!

Kristi said...

That last comment came up as "my3sons." I don't even know what that is or where it came from. I'll try again. :)