Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No pictures this morning...Calixto has the camera in his truck. he is building up a portfolio so potential clients can see what beautiful work he does.
Well, I have been on such a roller coaster of emotions lately. Leaving Crossroads, of course, is a huge thing for us. We are very sad to leave our family of 12 years! As I think back over those years I can see how much God has grown and changed us. We are grateful for our time and ministry at Crossroads and know God will use all of it for his glory and for our good. I am excited too about the ministry possibilities that await us...we don't know what they are but, we know they are out there!!
I have been eating out of emotion quite a bit lately and don't know why I even bought ice cream at the store the other day. In order to not be tempted while at home I decided to work on a project (outside). So, I stripped and am now staining a little pine dresser. I am staining it with a white pickling stain and then, will put a satin polyurethane on it. I wanted to buy glass knobs (for a shabby chic look) but, they were over $5 each and I need 8 of them. I chose some silver ones instead that kind of remind me of old buttons. I think it will look nice once it is completed. Ok, trying to stay busy did not keep me from eating the ice cream!! my plan did not work!! On Monday I ate quite a bit of ice cream in the afternoon...I felt guilty so I stripped and sanded the dresser and then mowed the back yard...I was really tired and achey that night. My hope was that the activity countered the ice cream consumption...but I'm not sure it did!
Well, I am off to check on the stain and rake some too.

5 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

you stripped? Oh, I get it, you stripped the dresser. I did a double take. :-) Sounds like these days are quite trying for you guys. As I know you are, keep following the Lord. You are in my prayers. May God grant peace beyond your wildest imagination. May he grant discernment beyond your knowledge. May he grant hope beyond your comprehension.

Connie said...

Just tell yourself that the stress is upsetting your stomach, and that you can't eat a thing! :) Just kidding....I know it doesn't work that way. I can't tell that you've been eating ice cream in the afternoons, so maybe you ARE burning it off.

Stephanie said...

Impressive!!! That is one "craft" I have no interest in because it seems like a LOT of work! But I know the work always turns out beautiful.

I'm going to miss not seeing you on Sunday mornings! As for the ice cream ... my philosophy is eat it all up in one day and then you won't have to worry about it tomorrow. :)

Brenda Arce said...

too funny!! I didn't strip and sand the dresser, I stripped the dresser and then sanded it.

The Peacock Pearl said...

i've gone a dining table that seriously needs to be refinished... are ya interested????