Friday, May 04, 2007

The day finally came for Catherine to have her first hair cut!! She has been soo excited about this day for a long time. I don't have a before picture b/c I put her hair in braids so it didn't take long to comb her hair out today at the salon. Here is the progression...it took 3 hours...can you believe it 3 hours?! She did such a great job and was very patient with the whole process.

This is the beginning as Marisha combed through her hair.

Now, that is a lot of hair...does anyone remember the old Saturday Night live skits with Roseanna Roseanna-dana?
the next step is the application of the relaxer. This product is not damaging to her hair at all. I got great tips on what products to put on her hair...of course I have been using the wrong stuff!
Under the dryer she goes. This was probably the hardest part but she didn't complain or whine at all. Her cheeks and ears sure did get rosy. She spent the time playing with her new Minnesota moose!
finally washing out the relaxer...this did hurt her neck (she just informed me) but she did just what Marisha asked of her.
After sitting under the dryer for a 2nd time this is how she looked...still pretty poofy!
I somehow neglected to get a picture of her hair being straightened. After the flat iron she had her hair cut. She cut off about 2-3 inches. The ends were very dry, that is why they were lighter than the rest of her hair. Look how long her hair is!!

And the final product!! How beautiful she is! She could not quit smiling at herself!!

Here is a rear view to show how long it is

Here we are with our new doos! I went darker with my hair color before we left for Minnesota. I really like it a lot. I asked the kids if I should go darker and Catherine said yeah, so you look like me! Isn't that so cute? Having her hair straight makes her feel like we look alike too, that has been an important thing to her lately!
Catherine's hair will stay straight until I wash it, I'll need to touch it up with the flat iron especially on humid days like today. Once washed with better products (of course) her hair will have softer more relaxed curls that should be easier to work with.

Funny, she got her hair cut and now has longer hair!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was SHOCKED at how long her hair was straight. Man I didn't know that girl had such long hair. I love it. Of course the curls are precious too. Nice to be able to go either way. That's sweet that she wants to look like you. :)

Rob and Becky said...

Catherine, Your new hairstyle is beautiful! It must have been so hard to sit still for so long! Wow, your hair is long!

uncle lew said...

her hair is so long..but you could tell that it was when you pulled her curl straight. Catherine you look so cute after your "short cut" visit. And you were so good to sit for 3 hours and still be a good girl with smiles a mile wide.
you are so pretty but MomMom still likes your curls too (because thats just you)

The Peacock Pearl said...

beautiful!

Connie said...

Darling photos! She's such a cutie. I noticed it on Sunday, but didn't realize she'd been through all of THAT to get it that way. The right products should help, too!