Tuesday, January 30, 2007

We are alive and well!!
We are having the wood floors refinished in the Living room, dining room and Catherine's room. So all of the furniture is stuffed into our room the office and Christopher's room. What fun!! We should have been able to move back into those rooms on Monday but, we weren't happy that the floors seemed a bit rough. They came back yesterday to put another coat on but forgot a few sections of the living room...augh! They are coming back tomorrow to fix that. Which means we could potentially move things back in on Friday morning!
I must say that I love the floors, they look beautiful! We didn't put stain on them just polyurethane and I love the lighter color against the darker trim Yay!! So this weekend I'll hopefully be settling into our new home once again!
With nothing to do at home I have been able to get work done at church so that has been a plus!
Sorry, no pictures but....soon...once our computer is more accessible! (I'm on the church computer right now)
The kids are handling the upheaval pretty well. Christopher was sick over the weekend and had to miss his basketball game...fortunately they won anyway!! He has been quite the super star on his team, scoring quite often, even making 3 pointers! It has been fun to watch him play sports. Baseball sign-ups are going on now and I was so tempted to sign him up again, but Calixto put his foot down and said no! Last year was horrendous doing soccer/baseball at the same time. Calixto reminded me of that and was able to make an objective decision without the emotion that I had a hard time letting go of.

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

can't wait to see the end result!!!

Connie said...

I LOVE wood floors! We're a little bit jealous of you guys with that house. Aren't husbands awesome? Tom does that for me, too. I get caught up in all the emotions of the decision, and he's much more objective and can see the big picture much clearer than I do.