Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wow...I feel lost in time somewhere!! Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We left for NJ on the 22nd and returned on the 2nd. The drive up was uneventful, Christopher rode with my parents which made for a quiet, argument free truck for us! The drive home was a bit rough. Catherine had a cold and the day before we left she began running a temp of 103, thankfully by the morning she was fever free. But that is when Calixto started to feel ill. We left anyway and pressed on for about 10 hours and finally called it quits in North Carolina (earlier than we had hoped) that is when Christopher started running a temp.!! Everyone hit the sack early as I searched in vain for a pharmacy to buy "Advil cold and sinus". I did find a CVS but, their pharmacy dept. was closed. Since people began getting high on cold meds they now keep that advil off the shelf!! Poor Calixto, the other meds just didnt' do the trick! After a good nights rest and hot bath he felt ok enough to head out. But, since we had such a short day on Monday, we had about a 14 hour drive the next day. The kids were both better and Calixto managed to drive all the way home with the exception of 1-2 hours when I drove. When we got home the kids were so excited to sleep in their own beds!
Calixto is still sick, he felt well enough to go to work but progressively got worse throughout the day. Catherine came down with an ear infection and made a costly trip to the Dr. and pharmacy, since we are w/o insurance right now.
Ok, this post is rambling on...here are a few pictures of our Christmas...
We gave the kids their gifts the night before we left for NJ. Cat loved her new doll bed!
We were very tired after working on the house all week that we put some of the soccer players in wrong on this 10-in-1 game table when we put it all together, oops!
Here they are in NJ, ready for church on Christmas Eve
Christmas morning!
The next Chris Tomlin!! Now, we need to find a guitar teacher
*See the basket on the floor...I made that several years ago when I used to weave baskets (yes, I did take a basket weaving class in college...it was a left over hippie school!!) My mom won't return it to me, but someday I'll manage to get it down here to Texas!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

so sorry for your crazy trip!!! How aweful!

uncle lew said...

WAIT A MINUTE!!! That basket is mine..you must be having SENIOR MOMENTS now that you are over 40...don't you remember YOU gave it to me when you first went to TX. along with your cat. DON'T YOU REMEMBER???? Now you are here crying to everyone making them think I took it from you..

uncle lew said...

so sorry your trip was so bad..but you could have stayed...boy I bet Calixto would drive another 1500 miles to prevent that..So you never got sick HUH!
Catherine I hope you feel better now with your earache..You always get those and never complain so this time must have really hurt.
Christopher I know you feel better because you wiped up the court on Sat playing basketball WAY TO GO!!
Calixto you could have stayed ONE more day and gotten well but NO! HAHA Must be that MALE thing!!!

Stephanie said...

Uncle Lew, don't you know that when kids make things (and give them to the parents) they never really belong to the parents. It's only on loan until the kids want it back you see. :) It's one of those special realtionships we have with our parents. lol

I think I drove by your house today. I can't wait to see inside it. It looks huge!

Brenda Arce said...

too funny Stephanie!
I guess it is like...What is mine is mine and what is my parent's is mine too!!
Sorry I missed you yesterday. Stop by again...the big move is on Saturday! I have got to finish packing!!

Stephanie said...

I didn't actually stop because I was taking Eliana home. I at least wanted to see where you might be. And I still can't imagine how your back yard could be so big. What a great spot! :)

Do you have a crew helping on Saturday?