Wednesday, January 10, 2007

We are closing on this house tomorrow!! We move on Saturday!! We have already moved some things over with the help of Calixto's employees...they are great. I am working on getting everything packed but, it seems to be slow going!
The paint is going up nicely but, I am second guessing myself with every choice I have made (of course!) It will look beautiful once the furniture is in and arranged.
It seems very unreal that we will no longer be in this house and this neighborhood. We will miss it very much. I am sure we will all shed a tear as we empty "ourselves" out of this house! Calixto is very nostalgic anyway so this move will be difficult for him. A few years ago we got rid of an old, ugly, green chair that had unremovable spit up stains from both our children, to make way for a new chair. He was so upset about getting rid of it...I had to take one last picture of him holding Christopher on it, before a friend came to take it away!! I can only imagine how he'll be on Saturday! It is funny how attached we become to things!
I have to get back to packing...or go take a nap...

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

awh that's so sweet.

we saw christopher at Sam's today... he was so cute coming up to us to say hi and telling us about one of the Boss's kids getting her braces off... i can still picture him in the van on the way to mexico... little guy not so little anymore :)

uncle lew said...

Now you know how i felt when we moved from the "Frick" house..I had put so much into that house and it was "my" first house. But to be right next door and watch them tear the house apart was to much..Now when we moved from "Bruce's house it didn't bother me at all because ITS JUST A HOUSE. You take the important things with you (husband, kids and memories)with you as you go. Fire,floods,tornadoes,etc can take
the house from you anytime so just take the important things in your heart. Its not easy but you'll all get through it all together.
Wish we could be there to help but maybe next time HAHA There will always be a NEXT TIME.