Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We've sold 1/3 of our litter and 3 more people have contacted me via puppyfind.com. We went to the Walmart parking lot on Saturday, set up a canopy and waited for the buyers to flock in...several people did stop but not sales were made. We were informed that we could get a fine since it is against some city ordinance so we packed up and left. One couple followed us back home to look at Chessie and the Daddy, but they didn't make a decision and haven't called us so I guess their answer is not to buy. I feel so rejected when people don't want our puppies!! If we had a litter of chocolates I am sure we would have them all sold by now...we had lots of requests for our one, lone chocolate pup.
I finally found a dress! What a task this has been. Yesterday I drove to Tyler, since I was in Liberty City for a meeting. I thought for sure I'd find something at Macy's, I didn't so we headed to the Mall...where I found nothing, nothing, nothing...I was on the verge of tears! The kids were both with me and did a good job for the most part. Christopher had his Heelies on and loved skating in the mall. As a treat we stopped for ice cream at Braum's before leaving Tyler. When I got home I had to adjust my attitude and put the whole dress thing in perspective. I felt much better by the time Calixto came home. My emotions are here, there and everywhere lately!
After Rachael Hellmuth's wedding on Saturday we are heading to Glen Rose. We'll be gone for most of the week, I am so looking forward to just being away, nothing big....just away. Then, the next Wed Christopher starts school...oh my! We already bought school supplies and will shop for clothes at the Tanger Outlet on the way back from vacation. Luckily, there is a dress code at CHS which makes clothes shopping so much easier.
I went shopping at the old Walmart today...it felt like coming home!! Silly, I know! I miss my deli counter friends...they asked where we'd been! So what if the new Walmart is closer, I feel more emotionally attached to the 4th street store!!

No comments: