Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We are home (since Tues. afternoon)!! The inspector came back around 12pm and spent all of 3 minutes in the house?! The gas company weren't going to send anyone out but, then were able to afterall. He showed up around 1:30. He connected the gas meter and then proceeded to turn on the water heater and furnace. Unfortunately he was unable to get the furnace to light so...I had to call the AC people out to turn it on. I was not home when he came but, he left a bill of $100 . When I saw that I just broke down and cried. They were just here in Dec to service the unit, I couldn't believe they would charge me that much considering they just gave the A-ok 2 months ago. That is when Christopher just broke down too. We both had emotional meltdowns and laid on his bed and cried with each other!! I think he is obviously feeling the effects of the upheaval but, more so he misses his Daddy!
Yesterday was a much better day for all of us...the sun was shining...yay!! I had the doors and some windows open and it was wonderful! I spent some good time reading Don't Waste your Life which was just perfect for the week. My perspective is much better right now and for that I am thankful. Oh, how I am tossed back and forth by my emotions!! I need my logical husband here to balance my emotions!
The Mexico team leaves tomorrow. The trip has gone very well. The dentist and helpers were kept extremely busy! They were able to finish all of the footings that are needed for the church building too. Today they are spending the day at "The Birthplace" a beautiful swimming area where the water flows from a rock cave. The water is a bit cold but very refreshing and clear. The church members love to take us there to rest up and have fun before the long drive home.
Calixto will be home for just under 2 weeks before he head out to Mexico again! I am excited that I'll be going this time.

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

gee whiz, you and i are either in the same boat or at least traveling down the same river of "troubled waters" and emotions... i talked with my mom for a quick minute this morning and she said i must be in the storm that comes before the nice soft landing... i sure hope that comes very soon for you.

Connie said...

Stuff like that always happens when your husband leaves town!! We'll have to pray specifically that things go better next time he leaves! El Nacimiento is so beautiful! I love Mexico.