Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day or as Catherine says Happy "Balastimes" Day!
Boy, she really raked in the cards and candy from Ballet class and Mother's Day Out. She doesn't like most of the candy and so she shares freely with Christopher! We'll see if he reciprocates with his stash from school today!
It is a chilly, chilly day so I have stayed inside with a heater at my feet while I get stuff done at home. Calixto offered to buy me a new outfit for dinner tonight but, I knew it would be difficult to find something on such short notice so I declined the offer, hoping to take him up on it some other time...very soon!
Since I'm staying home all day (which is a rarity) I got caught up on all of my reading. I am reading "Don't Waste Your Life", Downpour", "Creating Community" and soon to add "Love and Respect". Wow, I don't think I have ever read so many books at one time...ok, maybe in college. I am definitely being challenged in many areas of my life. My prayer is that I will be changed and not just walk away with more head knowledge. The best book so far is Don't Waste Your Life...how convicting and challenging!!
Calixto leaves tomorrow evening for Mexico. He'll be taking a group from Trinity church in NJ. Unfortunately I will not make this trip but hope to next month when we take a group from our church and Grace Community in Glen Rose. There is always a lot of misc. things to do prior to leaving and seemingly never enough time to do them, if you think of it please pray for him to accomplish all that he needs to.
The reason I am not going is that my mom is having surgery on Friday and can not come to watch the kids. She apparently has appendicitis with no symptoms and has a non-functioning gall bladder, they'll hopefully remove both at the same time if the appendix is not leaking. I am sure she would appreciate prayer for a successful surgery and short recovery time.
Ok, I have to quit wasting my life on the computer and go create community with my children!

No comments: