Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sad news! We lost a puppy tonight! The first one born (chocolate male), died just a few minutes ago. Julie came over to help me nurse it back to health, her sister-in-law came over too but, nothing could save it. Felicia assured me that with a big litter it is common to have some die. We only had two chocolates too so that is a bummer. All the other pups are looking good and acting fine so hopefully, we will only have this one loss. This one was one of the smallest in the bunch, he weighed 12.5 oz and the biggest one weighs 16 oz. Mind you these are rough weights b/c it was really difficult to keep them still on the scale. I used a frisbee on a food scale to weigh them, a few were a extremely squirmy! Ok, I'm tired and sad...think I'll go to bed now!

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

oh no, that is sad :(