Thursday, June 07, 2007

ok, I had a big long post yesterday and Christopher accidentally erased it... so here I go again...
We were once again out of town for the weekend. This time we went to Glen Rose to share the vision of "For the Fame of His Name" with the Elders and leaders of Grace Community Church. We have taken members from this church to Mx the last 2 trips we took. We became acquainted with this church 4 years ago through Hannah House (the Maternity Home through which we adopted Cat). We always enjoy our times of worship at Grace and this weekend was no exception. The sermon was great and the fellowship sweet. After church Calixto shared his presentation, they had childcare provided which was so nice! The meeting went well and hopefully they will partner with us in the work in the Huasteca. Afterwards we drove back to Granbury and walked around the square and visited a few shops (I was feeling quite energetic after I had a double shot frapucinno from the coffee shop!) We then dragged Calixto down to the pool at the condo and let the kids swim for a just a little bit. We only had a short time before we met with a family from the church to have coffee and dessert (decaf this time). The husband and oldest daughter of this family went to Mx with us in March but, we didn't really know the mom and other daughter...it was such a wonderful visit! We didn't get back to the condo until after 10pm...what a full day! The next morning we slept in a bit, ate b'fast on the square and then headed home. My parents had arrived in Longview about an hour after we left on Sat. they just relaxed until we got home Mon afternoon. Then the work began! My dad had already put another coat of mud on the drywall and sanded it. Then he tore out all the old tile around the tub, yesterday after prep work etc he started putting new tile up. He will not have ample time to complete the bathroom but, we are making good progress. After tearing the old tile down we can see that the walls apparantly have no insulation...how lovely!
Chessie our pregnant dog is just sooo big and uncomfortable!! I did see the puppies move yesterday morning while she was sleeping...that was so cool! I am so excited about the puppies birth! Her due dated is in 6 days!! I feel as if I am living vicariously through my dog's pregnancy! Until now I did not know that dogs got stretch marks!!
We are on to our 2nd memory verse for the summer. Everyone including Cat. knew Deut 7:9 by the end of the week! I was surprised at Cat's ability to learn it since it seemed so long but she did it and was excited about it too, it wasn't something we had to force her to do, Praise the Lord! This week's verse is longer but, she is off to a good start!
"And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the Lord, which I am commanding you today for your good?" Deut. 10:12-13
I finished reading Ted Dekker's book Skin last week. I couldn't put it down but, it also made me think...what makes this book "christian"? There are no references to God, Christ, the cross, salvation etc.. He can be quite descriptive and graphic in some of the scenes. His books are always a battle between good and evil...to the extreme but does that alone make it worthy of the "christian" title. It didn't neccessarily make me dwell on what is lovely, what is right, what is good etc. So, maybe I should not read his books anymore? I have not come to a clear cut decision on this. I did check out his web site where you can comment and take a poll about his writings. There was also a good post on the colossiansthreesixteen blog (linked on the right)about art and music labeled "christian"
...eek, I have to run...I have an admissions meeting at the school...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your dog better not beat me!!!!!

Brenda Arce said...

I was thinking the same thing Steph:)