Wednesday, June 03, 2009

School time fun

Here is Cat and a few classmates posing after casting their votes. We set up a little polling place, complete with a private booth and an official checking their records at the door. The kids loved it and felt very grown-up! By the way McCain won by a large margin!!
Next came our annual Thanksgiving celebration. The kids made some kind of popcorn treat, shaped it like an ear of corn and then chowed down!
My mom made indian outfits for both kids...they looked great! Here is "Squanto" the female version! Our kindergartners performed a little play for everyone. Catherine...I mean Squanto had the line "Your corn will grow better with this" as she held out a fish for the Pilgrims.
My mom also made me a totally cool Pilgrim outfit...unfortunately I could not fit into it...the bodice was soooo tight. Fortunately the other K teacher had an extra dress that I could wear so it worked out OK.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: