Saturday, December 09, 2006

Well, we have made progress in the past week. I have a sore back, a sore neck and bags under my eyes!! We have also made some progress on the house, here are a few photos...After Cat's nap I'll head back over to do more work!
I spent 3 hours on the kitchen today. The stove was incredibly dirty, yuck!! I preliminarily cleaned it but, it needs more!
Here is our bedroom. I thought I could take out the mattress and just have a hard surface for pictures or something but, there is a built in box spring below the mattress! I have no idea what to do with this space...except tear it out to make roomier closets. The closets are quite small. We are gaining floor space in the move but we are losing closet space.
Here is a look at Catherine's room without the carpet and curtains and with new blinds.
back to the kitchen, sorry for the random order. There is tons of cabinet space, in fact I think most of them have not been used. I have a dishwasher! With the exception of my first 2 years in Longview, I have never had a dishwasher (besides myself) I am excited about that!! I found today that the faucet wasn't correctly installed and leaks under the cabinet, and whenever I turn on the faucet, water comes out of the tube for the icemaker...all over the floor, don't know what that is about!
This is Catherine's room again. So nice to have the curtains down and actually look out of the windows and let the sunshine in. By all the mold on the windows I doubt they ever opened the curtains or blinds!! I walked around this morning singing, "Let the sunshine in, let the sunshine in..."

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's fun seeing all the updates! Keep em comin! :)