Wednesday, September 27, 2006

This is an article from Good House Keeping 1955. I hope you are able to enlarge it and read it. Sounds pretty good although some of it...maybe...goes too far...what do you think? The essence of the article is good and probably is not unlike Dr. Laura's book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". I have heard it is an excellent book, I have been unable to get it from the library for the last 2 months. One copy is obviously mis-shelved and the other is long over due! I'll try again today in order to read it during our trip to Minneapolis.

1 comment:

Roni said...

I read it at school the other day. Some of it did go a little far but all in all I felt that it covered our job as wife. I was telling the women at church that the wife has really changed her role a lot. I miss being a wife and doing things for my husband. I have to say that I never brought him his slippers but I did love to do things for him. It really brings it all in prospective when he is gone. How much that you really had and how much you really liked doing things for him. Some of the other women on the list where it was posted thought it was really hilarious and a joke.